1. Home

Amy Solovay

Who Dat Crocheting Saints Afghans? Charts for Fleur De Lis Motifs

By February 23, 2010

Joyce Moore says:

My son is a huge New Orleans Saints FAN and I would love to find a Crochet pattern with the Fleur-de-lis so I can make him an Afghan.

Do you have any ideas.
Joyce

Hi Joyce, thanks for the comment.

I'm aware of one pattern book featuring crocheted NFL afghan patterns, but that particular book is out-of-print and not easy to find. Right before the Super Bowl, I saw one for sale on ebay. I just took a look and couldn't find any other copies being offered at the moment, but they do pop up for sale occasionally.

If you're willing to do a bit of work adapting an existing chart, here are a few links you can take a look at:

These could give you a starting point.

Obviously, none of these are endorsed by the NFL, nor are they copies of the NFL's trademarked graphics in any way shape or form.

If anyone else has appropriate ideas or patterns for Joyce, please be sure to comment! Thanks!

Comments

March 1, 2010 at 6:29 pm
(1) Lady Ilea says:

The website favecrafts.com has a ladies sweater with the Fleur de Lis patterns to it. These are smaller than just one large one, so I don’t know if you can adjust it or not. If you can’t find anything else, this could give you the basics of the pattern design. Good Luck!

March 1, 2010 at 8:18 pm
(2) Amy Solovay - Crochet Guide says:

Thanks for the info, Lady Ilea. Much appreciated!

March 1, 2010 at 9:05 pm
(3) Bobbie Samrow says:

I used the pattern you show from Annie’s Attic but modified it to look more like I wanted it. I also found a site by googling Fleur de Lis and found one I wanted copied it onto a piece of paper then transferred it to graph paper. I had to make many changes to it to get it to fit work I wanted to do. I’ve done the one from Annie Attic as a picture with scroll work edging and framed for several people and I’ve done with the other modified Fleur de Lis a large throw 36 x 63 that will soon be able to be seen in the office of one of the managers at Hard Rock Casino in Biloxi Ms, and I’ve done scarfs and tote bags. I have pictures of all this but I don’t know how to put them on your site. I sell everything from $250 for the throw, to $50 to $120 for the pictures, to $30 for scarfs and totes. I would be happy to get with you and sell you something to help. The picture is done in filet but the afghan, scarfs and totes are done on either afghan stitch or single crochet as embellishments.

March 2, 2010 at 11:29 pm
(4) debbie says:

You could also check Etsy.com, ravelry.com, and crochetville.com to find patterns both free and for cost….

March 15, 2010 at 5:24 pm
(5) mary melancon says:

you can get that pattern of the flerur de lis from mckcreationafghan pattern graph.if you cant get it just email me and i will send it to you.keithmelancon@eatel.net

September 9, 2012 at 10:55 pm
(6) c d says:
November 24, 2012 at 7:24 pm
(7) Marla says:

I know this is an old post, but perhaps you’re still looking. Check out my filet crochet design on simplyadorned.net. This could easily be converted to be stitched with worsted weight yarn.