I've crocheted this flower what seems like zillions of different times now, and each time I've enjoyed finding different ways to embellish it. One of my favorite ideas so far is this simple and pretty ribbon bow, which I attached to the front of the flower with sewing thread and a few discreet stitches.
I crocheted this flower in red wool yarn; I'm thinking a red wool flower makes a nice embellishment for a lot of different projects, and would have multiple uses during the upcoming holidays -- it could be used for Christmas items, and then when February comes it could also double as a Valentine accent too.
- Find the free crochet pattern for this abstract flower motif
- See the illustrated tutorial with step-by-step instructions for learning how to crochet this flower
- Find more ideas for embellishing the flower
- Visit our index of free flower patterns for crochet
- Discover more Christmas patterns, Valentine patterns, holiday patterns and free crochet patterns