I'm not a fan of Red Heart Super Saver. In fact, I really don't like the yarn at all any more. When I was a kid, I crocheted with the stuff nonstop -- miles and miles and miles of it. I have foggy memories of callouses and abrasions on my hands in the spots where my fingers came in contact with my yarn. As much as I crocheted at the time, that could have happened with any yarn; it isn't something that was unique to RHSS. But, I am sure the roughness of the RHSS did not help the situation.
Since I know that many of you love using the stuff (or at least, your craft supply budget loves it better than, say, cashmere or silk) I've been making an effort to give the Red Heart Super Saver another chance. I still don't like it, but there are things I do like about it. For example, the color palette. Aren't these colors pretty? The color names are "Ranch Red," "Warm Brown," and "Buff." I like 'em.
- Share your opinion of Red Heart Super Saver. Like it? Love it? Hate it? Tell us!
- Learn how to work this pretty crochet stitch
- Find free instructions for many different crochet stitches
- Learn about the crochet v stitch
- Visit our index of free crochet patterns
Photo © Amy Solovay