Valentine hearts, anyone?
- Top left: Circle shape with heart design: My original idea for this was to make it into a felted coaster. After felting, my first sample, crocheted with worsted weight yarn, turned out a little larger than I envisioned. I am still working on the exact combination of yarns and hooks needed to make the perfect sized coaster. If you happen to need coasters at the moment, our list of free coaster patterns has other options that are ready to use. But if you like this particular design, and you're not inclined to wait around to see what I come up with, please feel free to try it and see what you can make. There are also plenty of other ways you could use the circle.
- Middle: This heart is crocheted in 3 different shades of pink wool yarn. You can get the free crochet pattern, free heart chart, and color ideas plus see a baby afghan made using this design. The baby afghan is, of course, crocheted in a more baby-friendly yarn than the wool pictured here. I also have a free heart potholder pattern which utilizes the same heart chart.
- Top right: This is another heart square that I crocheted using wool yarn. This pattern could work with pretty much any fiber, so you don't have to use wool if you prefer a different fiber. Here's a link to the free heart chart for this design. I've also posted more info about the heart and the color changes here.
- Bottom left and right: The red heart shapes are crocheted using this free heart pattern. I've pictured them plain and undecorated in this photo, but you might enjoy decorating them. I have a free pattern for an easy trim with ribbon that I use for this. It's pictured in the lower edge of the photo, although the photo is so small that you probably can't see it well. There's a larger picture of the trim here on the pattern page.
- Since hearts are one of my favorite design themes, I have hearts coming out my ears! If you'd like to see more options than those pictured here, you're invited to click on over to our page of free heart patterns. Hope you'll find a pattern you can use.
Thanks for dropping by! Hope you'll have a fabulous Valentine's Day. Happy crocheting!