1. Home

Amy Solovay

Crocheted Flower With Ribbon

By November 20, 2013

Red Wool Crocheted Flower With Ribbon Bow - Click this Photo to See the Free Crochet Pattern for this Crocheted Flower Crocheted Flower With Ribbon Bow - Photo © Amy Solovay

I've crocheted this flower what seems like zillions of different times now, and each time I've enjoyed finding different ways to embellish it. One of my favorite ideas so far is this simple and pretty ribbon bow, which I attached to the front of the flower with sewing thread and a few discreet stitches.

I crocheted this flower in red wool yarn; I'm thinking a red wool flower makes a nice embellishment for a lot of different projects, and would have multiple uses during the upcoming holidays -- it could be used for Christmas items, and then when February comes it could also double as a Valentine accent too.

Comments

December 30, 2009 at 9:12 am
(1) Susan Adcox says:

Although my grandmother taught me to crochet when I was a little girl, I haven’t crocheted in many years. These flower designs might be just the ticket to get me started again. I love the idea of using them in scrapbooking. Done in pastels and hung on a branch tree, they would be a delightful decoration for Easter or a baby shower.

December 30, 2009 at 11:04 am
(2) Newlyweds Guide Francesca says:

This red flower has me already thinking about Valentine’s Day. What a bright and beautiful color!

December 30, 2009 at 4:58 pm
(3) Sukhmandir Kaur says:

It’s a delightful bit of yarn. I really do love to crochet and it’s nice to get some fresh ideas! Happy NY & WW

December 30, 2009 at 5:33 pm
(4) Amy Solovay - Crochet Guide says:

Susan, those are delightful ideas. Thanks for posting them! I’d be thrilled to see you getting back into crochet again.

Francesca, did you read my mind? Haha! That’s exactly what I was thinking too.

Thanks, Sukhmandir! Happy NY & WW to you too!

December 30, 2009 at 7:00 pm
(5) Nancy says:

This is so cute! I love the bright color and the way you can use it in so many other projects.

December 30, 2009 at 7:48 pm
(6) Beth says:

That’s lovely! I’ve been spending my evenings (during TV watching) crocheting leaves. And before you ask, they are for a ceramic sculptural piece! Love bringing two crafts together!! :D

December 30, 2009 at 8:03 pm
(7) Linda Larsen says:

What a nice design! I should learn crochet, but with cats in the household, it’s kind of hard to work with yarn …

December 30, 2009 at 8:31 pm
(8) Kerry says:

I love your flowers. You could put them on wire stems and plant them in a fabric pot.

November 20, 2012 at 8:57 pm
(9) Cammie Shelatz says:

Hi,

I am so sorry to post this random comment on this particular blog…but I found it and thought that perhaps you could, at the very least, send me in a helpful direction.

My daughter started a blanket, but, we’ve now discovered that she chose discontinued yarn!! I’ve been searching everywhere. It’s Red Heart Stripes : Cancun stripes.

I was just wondering if you might be able to let me know where I might find some…or someone who has a stash that I might be able to buy.

Thank you so much for your help!