1. Home

Amy Solovay

A Christmas Potholder to Crochet - Free Pattern

By December 3, 2013

Christmas Crochet Potholder - Free Pattern

Comments

October 21, 2009 at 8:12 am
(1) Nancy says:

This is a fun and festive pattern…maybe I should take up crocheting!

October 21, 2009 at 9:55 am
(2) Newlyweds Guide Francesca says:

It is indeed time to start thinking about the holidays. The colors in this potholder certainly lift my spirits. Gotta love Christmas! Great pattern!

October 21, 2009 at 3:56 pm
(3) Amy says:

Definitely, Nancy! It’s a great way to pass the time on a plane. :)

Thanks, Francesca!

October 21, 2009 at 4:17 pm
(4) Sukhmandir Kaur says:

Oh, I’m so happy your doing WW , I love to crochet!. How cool that it has a bit of cross stitch worked in. This is a small enough project and has practical use that I could justify taking time do whip one up :) thanks!

October 21, 2009 at 4:43 pm
(5) NSGill says:

I stopped doing needlework because it caused Carpal Tunnel, but that looks like a small enough project that I could complete a few by Christmas. The bulk of the time would be spent looking for the old afghan hook. The cross stitch is a nice touch. Have to go back to the instructions to find out how it was done.

October 21, 2009 at 5:01 pm
(6) Connie G. says:

I love the festive colors! I have several crocheted potholders I use and while they aren’t as pretty as this one, they sure do hold up well!

October 21, 2009 at 10:25 pm
(7) Kerry says:

What a fun looking project and a great gift idea. Thanks for posting it this early so we can all get started cranking them out for holiday gifts.

October 22, 2009 at 1:59 am
(8) Suzanne says:

What a great Christmas gift idea! I love gifts that are made by hand – they seem so much more personal. Now to see if this is not too complicated for me!

October 23, 2009 at 12:11 pm
(9) Beth says:

Bright, beautiful and festive!! And…ha!…I even know right where my afghan hook is!! :D

October 28, 2009 at 10:29 am
(10) Susan Adcox says:

My grandmother taught me to crochet. I only have one of her crocheted pot holders. I wish I knew what became of the others. It is truly a skill that has most often passed down through generations of women.

November 3, 2009 at 6:04 am
(11) crochet says:

Thanks for all the lovely comments, everyone. I am so glad you like the potholders.

Susan, it was my grandmother’s sister who taught me. I don’t have any of her work – I so wish I did! But I am really grateful to at least have the knowledge she passed down to me.

November 11, 2009 at 11:08 pm
(12) Lisa Taylor says:

It’s too pretty to get mashed potatoes, gravy, and spaghetti stains on it!