This easy crocheted mesh scarf is one of my favorite accessories.
There are many things I appreciate about this scarf. I love its versatility, and its drape; also, it was really quick and easy to crochet.
In California, where I used to live, this scarf works fine for winter wear; in certain other locales, it may be better suited for wearing during the spring and fall.
It isn't too early to start crocheting a mesh scarf for this coming spring, which will be here before you know it. If this scarf looks like a project you'd enjoy, you're invited to grab the free mesh scarf pattern from our website. You might also wish to view more pictures of the scarf before you decide whether or not this is the right project for you to start on next.
I spent countless hours during my childhood daydreaming about what Joseph's coat of many colors might have looked like. In hindsight, I totally missed the point of the story, because the colorful coat was the major takeaway that stuck in my mind.
I'd be thrilled to crochet a coat of many colors someday, but in the meantime I've been dreaming up smaller projects inspired by the "many colors" theme. This crocheted scarf is one example.
I love colorful crochet, but at the same time, too much color can get overwhelming. To compensate, I've combined all the colorful yarns with a beige-y neutral color that balances out the brightness a bit.
In my opinion, this qualifies as an excellent winter scarf, especially if you crochet your scarf using wool yarn, as I did. The fabric is dense and warm. If you really want to bundle up, it's easy to make the scarf longer.
- Get the free crochet pattern for this scarf.
- There's a free tapestry crochet color chart too. I've created two slightly different versions of the chart, because left-handed crocheters may want to work from a version made especially for them. If you're left-handed, you'll want to grab the variation of the chart intended for left-handed crocheters.
- Free crochet scarf patterns
- Learn how to crochet a scarf
- Easy ideas for how to tie a scarf
- Simple crocheted accessories
- More free crochet accessory patterns
- More free crochet patterns