Crocheted bookmarks are useful and beautiful too. If you'd like to crochet a bookmark, check out our free bookmark patterns.
This elegant bookmark is another original design by Sandi Marshall.
The link above takes you to Sandi Marshall's instructions for her version of the Triton shell stitch. This stitch is a fantastic stitch for using to crochet bookmarks; all you do is make a single column of this stitch in the length you want your bookmark to be.
Crochet Dude's Free Bookmark Patterns
Drew Emborsky, AKA the Crochet Dude, has shared a couple of free bookmark patterns at his blog:
More Free Bookmark Patterns From Around the About.com Network
About.com Guides have posted free directions for handcrafting many different types of bookmarks. Find more free bookmark patterns:
- At About Cross Stitch -- Free cross stitch bookmark patterns
- At About Rubber Stamping -- Hand stamped paper bookmarks
- At About Rubber Stamping -- Free paper bookmark pattern templates
- At About Needlepoint -- Free apple bookmark pattern
- At About Parenting Teens -- How to make beaded bookmarks
- At About Family Crafts -- How to make a bookworm bookmark -- for kids