Crocheted bookmarks are useful and beautiful too. If you'd like to crochet a bookmark, check out our free bookmark patterns.
The link above takes you to Sandi Marshall's instructions for her version of the Triton shell stitch. This stitch is a fantastic stitch for using to crochet bookmarks; all you do is make a single column of this stitch in the length you want your bookmark to be.
Crochet Dude's Free Bookmark Patterns
Drew Emborsky, AKA the Crochet Dude, has shared a couple of free bookmark patterns at his blog:
More Free Bookmark Patterns From Around the About.com Network
About.com Guides have posted free directions for handcrafting many different types of bookmarks. Find more free bookmark patterns:
- At About Cross Stitch -- Free cross stitch bookmark patterns
- At About Rubber Stamping -- Hand stamped paper bookmarks
- At About Rubber Stamping -- Free paper bookmark pattern templates
- At About Needlepoint -- Free apple bookmark pattern
- At About Parenting Teens -- How to make beaded bookmarks
- At About Family Crafts -- How to make a bookworm bookmark -- for kids