This design is part of my series of mix and match crocheted afghan squares. When crocheted with acrylic or wool yarn, it makes a fantastic afghan square; however, there are other ways you could use it. Crochet it in kitchen cotton yarn and use it to make potholders or placemats; if you choose a trendy fashion yarn, you could transform multiple squares into a cute scarf or handbag.
- Get the free diamond chart for making this square
- See a coordinating heart afghan square
- Learn how to work cross stitch on crochet, the technique you'll use to create the diamond shape
- Check out a surface crochet tutorial; when you are finished stitching the diamond motif, you'll want to work surface crochet slip stitches around the outer edge of the diamond. This helps to make it look neat and finished.
- Check out the gallery index to see more options