If you'd like to crochet a ripple afghan, you'll find plenty of free patterns and inspiration here. When you're finished browsing through these patterns, be sure to visit our main index of free afghan patterns for even more ideas.
Free Crochet Ripple Afghan Patterns
- Chevy afghan by Vickie Howell, posted at the Caron Notebook blog. The free crochet pattern includes a symbol crochet stitch diagram plus written instructions.
- Colorful ripple afghan by Lucy at Attic24.typepad.com
- Popcorn ripple afghan posted at the Craft Yarn Council web site
- Easy ripple afghan pattern posted by Susan B at handcraftingwithlove.net
- Easy ripple afghan by Mary Jane Protus, posted at Coatsandclark.com
Baby Afghans With Ripple or ZigZag Designs
These crochet baby blanket patterns all feature a ripple or zigzag design.
- Zig Zag baby blanket designed by Kim Biddix, posted at Caron.com
- Knit or crochet ripple baby blanket designed by Marilyn Losee, posted at Caron.com
- Monica's simple ripple baby afghan by Monica Kennedy, posted at Gather.com
- Bev's baby ripple afghan posted at Bevscountrycottage.com
Round Ripple Afghan Patterns
These patterns are not perfectly "round" in the purest sense of the word. Most are roughly star-shaped ripple afghans; the afghans are worked in rounds that radiate outward from the center.
- Around the rosy baby afghan pattern by Bren at Woodhill Design
- Dogwood blossom heirloom baby afghan by Monica Kennedy, posted at Gather.com
- Eight point round ripple preemie afghan by Monica Kennedy, posted at Gather.com
- Sunshine round ripple baby afghan by Monica Kennedy, posted at Gather.com
- Little boy blue eight-point ripple baby afghan by Monica Kennedy, posted at Gather.com
More Ripple Afghan Links
- Ripple tutorial by Sandra Petit at Crochetcabana.com
Blogs About Ripple Afghans and Ripple Designs
When I went hunting for ripple afghan patterns, I found a couple of delightful crochet blogs that are dedicated to the topic of ripple and zigzag designs. Who'd have known? These blogs are way too much fun for me to keep to myself, so I thought I would post the links and share them with you. If you need color ideas or ripple afghan inspiration, these blogs are a great resource.