These free afghan patterns all have an Americana theme. Some resemble American flags; some feature a stars and stripes theme; some are red white and blue.
This design is a free chart which you can use to crochet an afghan or other type of project. This chart works well for filet crochet projects in either crochet thread or yarn. If you'd like to make an afghan, crochet the chart in worsted weight yarn using a size I hook. Then add the afghan edging of your choice.
This design is by Sandi Marshall; she created the design based on the vintage American flag of 1795. Sandi has shared some interesting historical information along with the free pattern.
Americana Patchwork Afghan With Vintage Patriotic Designs and Emblems
The following links take you to coordinating vintage designs which can be used together to create an afghan, pillow or other project.
Links to More Free Crochet Patterns for Afghans With an Americana Theme
The following links are for free Americana style afghans posted on other Internet web sites.
- Stars and stripes ripple afghan posted at the Coats and Clark web site
- Stars and stripes afghan by Barbara Roy -- The link takes you to a PDF which is posted at Crochet World
- Stars and stripes throw posted at the Caron yarns web site
- American star afghan by Janet Jarosh, posted at the Citiusa web site
- American beauty afghan by Kathy Brown, posted at Crochet Me
- Americana afghan by Janie Herrin -- This is a granny square style afghan posted at the Creative Partners web site