- Name of Design: Simple Crossover Bootie
- Intended For: newborns
- Crochet Skill Level: Beginner
- Pattern Designer: Louise Mac
Pattern Description: These beginner-friendly booties are worked in single crochet stitch. The pattern is available as a free download at the Ravelry website.
- Name of Design: Dainty Mary Janes
- Intended For: preemies, newborns and babies; there's a flower accent on the booties that makes them look pretty and feminine, so if you make the pattern as shown I'd recommend them for baby girls.
- Crochet Skill Level: ?
- Pattern Designer: Hayley Missingham
Pattern Description: These are classic baby-sized crochet Mary Janes with pretty flower motifs.
Crochet Pattern Books That Include Baby Bootie Designs
If you think you might like to purchase a book that has patterns for baby footwear, there are quite a few options available. A couple that I like:
- Dressing Up Baby by Darla Sims, published by Leisure Arts: This book includes crochet patterns for five different baby layette sets. Each set is comprised of four matching items: a pair of booties, a sweater, a blanket, and a hat.
- Baby Blueprint Crochet by Robyn Chachula, published by Interweave Press: this book includes an adorable pattern for baby boots, as well as a baby sock pattern and many other baby patterns. The designs in this book are all charted in symbol crochet.