- See the free crochet pattern for this striped heart baby afghan square
- Get the free charted design for the striped heart motif
- See this square crocheted in other baby-friendly yarn colors
This baby afghan square was crocheted using Bernat Softee baby yarn in the following colors:
- Blue Yarn: "Pale Blue"
- Variegated Yarn: "Baby Denim Marl"
- White Yarn: White
This colorway could, and should be improved on. There is not a lot of contrast between the colors, and the overall effect is washed out and kind of blah. I've pictured it here so that you can see how these colors combine, but I don't really recommend the colorway unless you are trying for a very pale, washed out effect.
If you're looking for a very pale colorway, then this colorway is suitable for a baby boy's afghan. When used sparingly, it could also be combined with other colorways to create a baby girl's afghan. I used one of these squares in the girl's colorway of the heart sampler afghan. Look for it on the lower edge of the afghan, in the center.
This image is part of a photo gallery which showcases various possible colorways of this baby afghan square. To see more color combinations, please be sure to visit the gallery index. I've created a variety of colorways suitable for both baby boys and baby girls.
Thanks for Visiting!
We really appreciate your interest in our free charts, patterns, tutorials and other resources. Want to find more of them? If so, we invite you to keep exploring our website. Here are some related pages that we hope you will enjoy.
- Fast, Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Baby Blanket Edgings -- Free Patterns
- Lacy Striped Crochet Baby Blanket – Free Pattern
- Tapestry Crochet Potholders With Striped Heart Design -- Free Pattern
- Small Crochet Heart Applique – Free Pattern
- Heart Applique Pattern
- Free Pattern -- Lacy Crochet Trim With Hearts
- Alternating Hearts Chart for Making Filet Crochet Trim
Find More From This Author
- Meet Amy Solovay, Author and Crochet Pattern Designer for About.com
- Find More Crochet Patterns by Amy Solovay
- Connect With Amy on Ravelry