Pictured here is an afghan square crocheted in white and blue acrylic baby yarn. This nested checkerboard design works well for crocheting baby afghans, but with a simple yarn change, the pattern could be adapted for use by people of any age.
Size of Finished Afghan Square: 11.25 inches
Crochet Hook Size: I / 9 / 5.50 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
Brand: Bernat Softee baby yarn
- Baby denim marl
- Pale blue
This white and blue colorway is perfect for baby boys. If you'd rather crochet a baby afghan for girls, a color change is all you need to make it look more feminine. You might also wish to take a look at my heart sampler baby afghan, which is a more feminine design; our master list of free baby afghan patterns offers even more choices.
- Get the written pattern for crocheting this baby afghan square
- Get the free nested checkerboard chart
Get the Free Crochet Pattern
Related Crochet Resources
- Visit the gallery index to see more coordinating charts in this series
- See more free checkerboard patterns for crocheting and knitting
- Visit our main index of free crochet patterns
- Check out our free crochet tutorials
- Sign up for my free crochet newsletter, and get links to new free crochet patterns emailed to you every week!