If you'd like to try crocheting a unique piece of clothing, a skirt would be a lovely choice. There are many free skirt patterns posted on the Internet for you to try. Here are links to a few of the possibilities I've found:
Free Adult Sized Crochet Skirt Patterns
- Spiderweb skirt by Josi Hannon Madera -- This skirt is form-fitting at the top, but it finishes in a dramatic flair of spider-web-inspired crochet lace. It's spectacular! In a way, it kind of reminds me of a wearable doily. The skirt pattern is posted as a free download at Ravelry.
- Chevron Skirt Tutorial by Josi Hannon Madera -- Josi drew her inspiration for this crocheted skirt from world-famous Missoni knitwear designs. The free skirt pattern is posted at Tension Magazine.
- Sea Breeze Skirt If you were to wear a crocheted skirt to your next yacht club get-together, this is what it might look like. The free crochet pattern is posted at the Garnstudio.com website.
- Granny Square Skirt -- This skirt features a lower border of crocheted granny squares. The free skirt pattern is posted at the Garnstudio.com website.
- Lace Crochet Skirt -- This fun skirt is crocheted in a lacy stitch pattern. The free skirt pattern is posted at the Garnstudio.com website.
- Skirt With Lace Fan Patterned Border -- This skirt pattern has a deep border of crocheted lace. The free pattern is posted at the Garnstudio.com website.
- Archena Skirt by Doris Chan -- This is a multicolored patchwork granny square skirt. It's cute and a bit hippie-ish. What a fun pattern! The pattern is available at the Naturally Caron website.
- Jolimar Skirt Pattern -- This stylish crochet lace skirt was designed by Doris Chan. You can get the free skirt pattern from the Naturally Caron website.
- Easy Scalloped Skirt by Monica Welle Brown, posted at the Coats and Clark website. This pattern was originally published in a back issue of Crochet Today Magazine.
- Shimmer Skirt or Poncho by Doris Chan -- Posted at the Coats and Clark website
Free Child Sized Crochet Skirt Patterns
- Sedona Toddler Skirt designed by Darlene Dale -- This is such a cute little skirt pattern. It's feminine, lacy and girly. The pattern is posted at the Naturally Caron website.
- Salsa Party Skirt by Kim Guzman -- Posted at the Caron.com website
- Too Cute Ruffled Skirt designed by Myra Wood, posted at the Coats and Clark website.
Want to get weekly updates notifying you of all the new free crochet patterns we post on our website? If so, it's easy to sign up for our free crochet newsletter. After you sign up, you'll get regular emails including links to all our latest updates -- usually free patterns, and sometimes other things too, perhaps tutorials, video links, yarn reviews, pattern book reviews, or other items of interest to crocheters. We hope you'll love the newsletter -- and we get lots of positive feedback from our subscribers. But if for some reason you decide it isn't for you, it's easy to unsubscribe at any time.