How to Work a Decrease
Learn how to sc2tog, AKA decrease in single crochet stitch:
- Insert your crochet hook into the next stitch to be worked.
- Pull up a loop. Do not complete the single crochet stitch.
- Insert your hook into the next stitch to be worked.
- Pull up a loop. At this point, you have 3 loops on your hook.
- Wrap your yarn around your hook and pull it through all three of the loops on your hook.
- You've now completed your decrease, AKA sc2tog.
The following is a list of free crochet patterns you can use to practice decreasing:
Be sure to check out more free crochet tutorials on our website too.