Web Site Title:
This is a crochet and craft blog maintained by Ana Paula Rimoli.
Amigurumi is a Japanese term for a cute knitted or crocheted stuffed toy or doll. These toys could also be called “plushies” or “softies”. Ana Paula’s pattern blog focuses on crocheted amigurumi toys worked in single crochet.
About Anna Paula Rimoli:
Anna Paula Rimoli is the author of two crochet pattern books:
- Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet -- compare prices
- Amigurumi Two! Crocheted Toys for Me and You and Baby Too -- compare prices
She is originally from Montevideo, Uruguay. She has been crocheting since childhood. Her two children, Oli and Martina, inspired her to create the crocheted toys that are the subjects of her books and pattern blog.
What This Blog Has to Offer:
Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns: You will learn how to crochet stuffed toys in the Japanese anime style, with large heads and cute features. These toys are appropriate for children if they are made using washable yarns plus plastic eyes that have safety backings.
Here are several examples:
- Little café con leche cup from Amigurumi World
- Amigurumi bear and pot of honey
- Little rabbit with carrot
- More of Ana Paula Rimoli's free crochet patterns are posted under the "patterns" label.
Tutorials, such as this one about how to add hair to your amigurumi.
Text in Both English and Spanish: The blog is written primarily for an English-speaking audience, but Spanish language snippets are sprinkled throughout the posts.
Things I Like Best About Ana Paula's Pattern Blog:
- Her patterns are outstanding. The toys are really cute! The directions are clear and understandable.
- I think it's generous of her to post so many free patterns.
- I also enjoy it when she occasionally posts insights into her life.
- The patterns do contain occasional mistakes, but she has been quick to post corrections to them.
- Sometimes her blog is a bit heavy on Etsy commercials. Personally, I enjoy having the notice about her shop updates, but not everyone will share this enthusiasm.
Ana Paula's Other Sites:
Flickr: Ana Paula Rimoli maintains a Flickr group where users can share and view photos of finished amigurumi projects. She shares additional photos of her crocheted toys and other craft projects at her personal Flickr account.
Etsy Shops: Anna Paula Rimoli maintains two Etsy shops. Her primary shop is typically stocked with both crochet patterns and finished items. The selection varies, but you could expect to find a variety of amigurumi toys and fashion accessories. Past offerings have included stuffed animals, stuffed food toys, crocheted purses, hair clips with crocheted accents, and lots of crochet patterns.Sources
More Information about Ana Paula Rimoli can be found at the following web sites: