Looking for a challenging crochet pattern, stitch or technique? The following resources are available on the topic of advanced crochet.
We've posted a number of free crochet patterns for advanced crocheters; this list features a unique mix of vintage patterns, classic favorite patterns, and new, contemporary patterns.
The following crochet stitches require patience and skill to execute:
- Crocodile stitch
- Back post and front post stitches
- Bullion stitch
- Crab stitch
- Picot stitch
- Solomon's knot stitch
This is not a complete list of the crochet stitches we cover on our web site. If you'd like to take a look at some other options, visit our page of crochet stitches. You'll find free instructions for many other types of stitches, including Tunisian crochet stitches, texture stitches, and a wide variety of other types of stitches.
Advanced Crochet Techniques
- Aran crochet-- All crochet is textured, but aran crochet is really textured. If you'd like to add cables, bobbles, and texture stitches to your crochet work, aran crochet is a fantastic advanced technique to try.
- Bead crochet -- Advanced crocheters can achieve some fabulous effects with bead crochet.
- Filet crochet -- Filet crochet patterns are available in a wide range of skill levels, from easy to advanced. Fine threads are popular for use in filet crochet, but they do require extreme patience, not to mention skill, to use.
- Intermeshing or Double Filet Crochet -- If you ever get bored with filet crochet, here's a new twist on it that's intriguing and absorbing.
- Wire crochet
- Fabric crochet
- See more crochet techniques