Here’s a free pattern for a beaded crochet apple motif. You can use this beaded apple as an applique on the project of your choice; it’s a great way to dress up purses, bags, totes, art quilts, wall hangings, collages or similar projects.
I used my sample apple to create this apple purse.
Materials Used in the Project Sample:
- Red and Pink Bead Mix: I used a mix of beads that vary slightly in size. There are approximately 10 beads per inch when they are strung. On average, they measure 2.5 – 3.0 mm each, but some are larger and some are smaller.
- Pale Green Bicone Beads: These measure about 5.5 – 6.0 mm each.
- Embroidery Floss: One skein each in the following colors:
- Hot Pink
- Silver colored craft wire
- Crochet Hooks: Size D / 3-3.25 mm and 6 / 1.80mm steel hook
- Tapestry needle
Beaded Crochet Technique
I've prepared a tutorial demonstrating the beaded crochet technique. If you're not already familiar with this technique, I recommend reading the tutorial prior to working this pattern. This apple motif is designed using the beaded crochet technique explained in the tutorial.