People share so much free crochet stuff on the Internet: patterns, stitch instructions, tutorials, videos, and more. I occasionally also come across things like yarn giveaways and bargain yarns you might be interested in.
We've published hundreds of free patterns on this web site for you to enjoy; we hope you'll make good use of them! Here are a few of the most popular free pattern pages on our site:
- Free crochet patterns -- main directory
- Free crochet baby blanket patterns
- Free hat patterns
- Free scarf patterns
- Free shawl patterns
- Free bag patterns
- Free applique patterns
- Free flower patterns
- Free crochet jewelry patterns
- Free bead crochet patterns
- Free Tunisian crochet patterns
- Free holiday patterns
- Free Christmas patterns
Every week, I send out a free crochet newsletter; my newsletter is packed with great information that crochet enthusiasts will not want to miss out on:
- Links to the latest free crochet patterns I've published, plus information about where you can find the hottest new crochet designs on the Internet
- Links to my free crochet tutorials
- Free crochet video links -- From time to time, we publish free crochet videos on the Internet. If you'd like to learn a new stitch, or a new skill, by watching videos, this is a resource you won't want to pass up.
- Occasionally, I also feature links to vintage crochet patterns and classic patterns that have been around for awhile; newer isn't always better when it comes to crochet.
You can take a crochet class, for free! With no strings attached. This free online course is taught by email, and you will learn at your own pace -- although the course is designed to last for one week.
Our free charted designs are intended for use by crocheters; you'll find many different filet crochet charts plus some color charts for tapestry crochet and cross stitch on crochet. You can adapt them for other crafts if you like.
A Note to Knitters: You're all welcome to use any of our free charts for knitting, but please be sure to keep the following in mind: Knit stitches are not square. Crochet stitches aren't square either, but they come close to it, while knit stitches do not. If you knit from a crochet or cross stitch chart, the design will look "squished" in the vertical direction -- not good. To fix that, a good "cheat" is to double every third row or every fourth row on the chart. Use our free knitter's graph papers, linked below, to re-chart the design using this cheat.
Sometimes you might feel like designing your own crochet charts. When inspiration strikes, it's a real bummer if you don't have any graph paper on hand. It's a drag having to drive to the store to buy some, especially if you only need a sheet or two. Don't worry; we've got you covered. Just download any of our free printable graph papers for crochet and knitting.
These graph papers also come in handy if you would like to convert any of our free crochet charts into knitting charts.
Even if you don't have access to a crochet teacher, you can still learn how to crochet, or learn new crochet skills by watching our free videos.
I often get word of yarn giveaways and other crochet-related freebies you might be interested in. When I find out about these, I write about them in my crochet blog and my crochet newsletter. Crochet blogs in general are a great place to find out about current giveaways. My list of crochet blogs contains a section titled "Yarn Manufacturers' Blogs," and they can be another great source of giveaway information.