Winter brings many seasonal delights, from snow – think crocheted snowflakes and snowmen! – to winter holidays. This collection of free patterns includes fun winter-themed motifs, Christmas and Hanukkah projects, warm clothing and accessories for cold-weather wear, and more.
Crocheted hats will help you reduce the effects of winter's chill. We have hat patterns to fit every member of the family, from babies to adults.
Pictured here: a men's winter hat and scarf set. This hat and scarf will keep a guy warm and toasty, and both patterns are quite easy to crochet.
Warm Winter Scarf Patterns
If you want to bundle up this winter, scarves are excellent accessories for layering and retaining warmth. Here are some recommended patterns for this:
- Easy Basic Crochet Scarf for Total Beginners: This is an extra-long scarf that's appropriate for men, women and older teens. The design is a classic style, and the crocheting doesn't get any easier than this.
- Amy's Scarf of Many Colors: Brighten up cold, gray winter days with a jolt of color. This colorful scarf combines a neutral beige with a delightful rainbow of yarn colors. The effect is vibrant and eye-catching, yet totally wearable.
- See our main directory of free crochet scarf patterns to find even more options. Another helpful resource: how to tie a scarf.
Crochet yourself an ear warmer to keep your ears warm! These are great for wearing under the hood of your coat. You can keep them on all day if your work environment or living environment is a bit chillier than you'd like.
The ear warmers pictured at left are super easy to crochet. You can click here to get the free ear warmer pattern.
Cozy Winter Afghans
Snowman faces peek out from the tops of these cute baby booties. There's a matching hat with earflaps too.
- Beaded Winter Snowflake Pattern: (Pictured) Here's a pretty beaded snowflake with many possible uses. I used mine to decorate the cover of a mini scrapbook album with a winter theme. This snowflake would make a fantastic decoration for any of the winter holidays. I am sure you can think of plenty of other creative ideas for using it. This snowflake design is by Amy Solovay
- Winter Snowflake Applique: Here's an easy snowflake without any fussy picots, beads or froo-froo design elements. For such a simple design, it's surprisingly pretty.
- Classic Snowflake Motif: Erica Jackofsky designed this pretty snowflake to adorn the top of her snowflake cloche. Crochet them both if you need a new winter hat (or want to give one to a loved one); the snowflake alone is great for enhancing all kinds of different winter craft projects.
- Want to see more snowflakes? Be sure to visit our main directory of free crochet snowflake patterns.
The free crochet patterns linked here all have a Christmas theme.
See Also: candy cane patterns
You can crochet this square wine bottle cozy at any time of year, or for any occasion; but it's especially nice as part of Hanukkah celebrations.