There are many reasons you might want to crochet a basket. Baskets make great catch-all containers for yarns or other craft supplies. You could make baskets for different holidays: Christmas gift baskets, Easter baskets, Halloween candy baskets, etc.
Here are some ideas for crocheting different baskets using a variety of different techniques. Links to the free crochet patterns are included.
These baskets could be decorated, or used, any which way you want them to be.
- Easy basket pattern at Crochet Spot
- Vintage lacy sugar spun basket pattern at Crochet Memories
- Little crochet basket at Chickpea Sewing Studio
- Round mini basket at Crochet 'N' More
- Clothesline crochet covered baskets at Pricscilla's Crochet
- Fabric crochet basket worked in t-shirt yarn, posted at AnneMarie's blog
- Beaded jute basket at Crochet Me
Tapestry Crochet Baskets
Carol Ventura's tapestry crochet baskets are intriguing (and useful!) projects.
- Beaded tapestry crochet basket by Carol Ventura, posted at the Crochet! Magazine web site
- Spiral basket in tapestry crochet by Carol Ventura
- Hearts and diamonds reversible tapestry crochet basket by Carol Ventura -- This link takes you to a long PDF which includes many different craft projects. The tapestry crochet basket pattern is on page 10 of this PDF.