Spring is a delightful time to be a crochet enthusiast; there's inspiration everywhere! If you'd like to work on a new springtime project, please help yourself to any of our free crochet patterns. The following list is a selection of patterns you might enjoy crocheting at this time of year.
One of my favorite things about spring: all the glorious flowers in bloom. I love it that you can crochet lovely flowers at any time of year, but I often feel inspired to make new flowers in the spring. You too? If so, be sure to check out the free flower patterns we offer. You might also want to drop by the flower photo gallery for plenty of inspiration.
Every spring morning brings a new mystery: Will it be cold today? Will it be warm? Or, will it be hot? Perhaps it will be all three of the above at different times.
This, my friends, is the perfect opportunity to flaunt your crocheted accessories. Get out your beautiful shawls, your lacy scarves, and your fingerless gloves. (And if you don't have any yet, now's the time to make yourself some!)
Be sure to wear several layers of clothing; it it warms up to 100 degrees later, you can always shed a few layers; keep them in a convenient place so you can grab 'em again after the sun sets and the temperature drops.
My Favorite Spring Scarf Patterns to Crochet:
Spring-Friendly Hats to Crochet:
- Simple crochet beanie pattern
- Lace beanie hat pattern
- Daisy Mae cloche pattern
- Visor beanie hat pattern
- More free crochet hat patterns
Many of our jewelry patterns are suitable for making and wearing in the springtime. Be sure to check out our flower necklace and beaded necklace for starters. There are plenty of other options to choose from.
Baby Patterns for Spring
- Fast, easy crocheted baby blanket -- You can't go wrong with this blanket at just about any time of year, but it's really nice for wrapping up baby on chilly spring evenings.
- Striped lace baby blanket -- This is another pretty baby blankie that works well for year-around use. It's a bit more open and lacy than many other styles, making it a bit lighter than many other available options.
- The "Tulip Cloche" baby hat pattern -- This cute little tulip-shaped hat is just the thing for baby to wear on chilly spring mornings.
Many more of our free baby patterns are suitable for making and using in the spring time, so we invite you to take a look at the entire list.
Get Your Spring Cleaning On
Have you started your spring cleaning yet? When you're ready to get started with it, you'll want to whip up some useful projects such as crocheted dishcloths and scrubbies to help your tasks along. Be sure to grab some (or all!) of our free patterns for crocheting these household helpers.
- Easter patterns
- Passover / Pesach: We don't have an extensive pattern list for this holiday, however, we do have a free pattern for a wine bottle cozy that fits square bottles of kosher wine. It would be nice for use on any occasion where wine is part of the celebration, including Passover and others.
- Earth Day patterns
- Mother's Day crafts and crochet patterns
The rainbow is one of my favorite design themes, and I enjoy coming up with new ways to incorporate rainbows into my crochet work -- not to mention my home and my wardrobe.
Want to see some of the rainbows I've crocheted? If so, check out these free rainbow patterns. The double rainbow square (pictured at left) is a popular pattern, but there are many other rainbow designs to choose from.