Accessorize your hair in style! Here you'll find free crochet patterns for a variety of different hair accessories, including headbands, hair bows, barrettes, scrunchies, snoods, hair bun covers, and ponytail holders.
Headbands are so easy to crochet! They work up quickly, and they're handy to have around. In summer time, they'll help keep the hair off your face so you stay cool; in winter time, wide headbands can help keep you warm. Headbands make nice gifts for co-workers, friends and family.
Pictured at left: A simple, beginner-friendly headband that's really quick and easy to crochet.
More Free Crochet Headband Patterns:
- Easy beginner's crochet headband pattern -- This is a narrow headband worked in double crochet and chain stitch. It's a super quick crochet project!
- Free crochet ear warmer patterns -- These headbands are all designed for cold weather wear; they are wide enough to cover the ears so you'll stay warm when wearing them.
- Ladder headband: This headband can be either dressy or casual. It's really easy to crochet.
- Man's fall / winter headband -- This contoured headband is great for active guys to wear in cold weather.
- Crochet flowers hair band posted at the Garnstudio website
- More free crochet headband patterns
Bows and Barrettes
- Just about any of our crocheted flowers could be attached to a hair clip or barrette. Erica Jackofsky's beaded rosette (pictured at left) would be particularly nice if used for this purpose.
- Basic beaded barrette -- Free crochet pattern by Anastacia Zittel, posted at the Anastacia Knits website.
- Loopy hair barrette by the Double Stitch Twins, posted at the Coats and Clark website
- Bridal barrette posted at Michael's website -- This is a floral design that's pretty for wearing to a wedding, or wearing on any dressy occasion. The project sample is crocheted using Vanna's Choice acrylic yarn.
- Crochet hair bows -- A photo tutorial for basic, kid-friendly hair bows
- Curlicue hair bows by Beth Madland, posted at the Caron yarns website
- Flower Hair Clip or Barrette posted at Ambassadorcrochet.com
- Lily of the valley barrette or pin by Maggie Petsch, posted at the kreinik.com website.
Hair Bun Covers
Maybe there's a ballerina in your household, or perhaps you just want to dress up like one. Either way, a ballet bun cover or hair bun cover is a nice finishing touch to a ballerina-inspired ensemble.
Snoods have been surprisingly trendy as of late. If you want to try crocheting one, here are some free patterns you can look at.
We hope you'll enjoy all of these free patterns! If you make any of these hair accessories, we'd love to see how they turn out; you're invited to share photos in our crochet forum. Happy crocheting!