Here’s a fun and affordable craft project with a snowman theme. This lollipop candy dispenser is a creative way to use the free pattern for the crocheted box shape. Using dollar store supplies, you can dress up the crocheted box shape to make a delightful winter craft project.
Uses for the Snowman Candy Dispenser:
- If you celebrate Christmas, leave one under the Christmas tree for loved ones to discover.
- Use it as a centerpiece on your kitchen or dining table. It would work well for Christmas dinner, Christmas parties, New Year’s Eve parties, winter office parties, kids’ parties, or even for everyday meals.
- Give one to anyone on your Christmas shopping list who qualifies as someone who "has everything." Bet they don't have a crocheted snowman lollipop dispenser yet!
- Put one on your desk at work. Anytime a disgruntled boss / colleague / customer stops by, offer them a lollipop before they have a chance to get a word in edgewise. If you’re feeling especially generous, make one for your company’s receptionist too.
- Completed crochet box (requires yarn, crochet hook and tapestry needle.)
- Snowman lollipops, or any similar candy on a stick. Mine came from the Dollar Tree store.
- An abundance of curly ribbon – a 3-pack of premade curly bows was used in the sample. I purchased them at the Dollar Tree store.
- 1 block of floral or craft foam. The foam shown in the sample measures 3 7/8” x 3 7/8” x 3 7/8” (98 mm x 98 mm x 98 mm)
- Glue / adhesive
- Materials for weighing down the crocheted box
- Crochet the box shape
- Weigh down the foam as shown on this page.
- Put the weighted foam inside the crocheted box.
- Glue the ribbons to the top of the block of foam, arranging them so they cover it as much as possible.
- Stick the lollipops into the foam.
- Use and enjoy, or give the completed candy dispenser as a gift.