The main steps you need to take to get started with crocheting a scarf:
- Choose materials: crochet hook plus yarn, crochet thread or other fiber and any extras such as buttons or appliques
- Choose or design a scarf pattern to use
- Crochet your scarf!
Want more details? This guide provides free instructions including many scarf examples plus tutorials and links to free crochet scarf patterns.
Table of Contents:
- How to Crochet a Scarf: Intro and Overview
- Choosing Materials for a Crocheted Scarf
- How to Crochet a Scarf in Long Rows (Horizontal Scarves)
- How to Crochet a Scarf in Short Rows (Vertical Scarves)
- How to Crochet a Freeform Scarf
- How to Finish Your Crocheted Scarf
See Also: Easy Ideas for How to Tie a Scarf