Want to learn how to crochet a hexagon? The following pages teach you everything you need to know about crocheting hexagons; you'll find free crochet hexagon patterns plus free tutorials that teach you how to make these intriguing six-sided shapes in crochet.
This pretty hexagon motif is crocheted using three different colors of yarn. It features an easy flower motif in the center of the design.
Sandi Marshall designed this hexagon pattern featuring a grouping of several abstract bee motifs in the center. The free pattern is available at her website, sandimarshall.com; you can click the link above to go to the page where she has posted the free hexagon pattern.
The link above takes you to a hexagons how-to posted by Lucy at Attic 24. Lucy's hexagons are gorgeous and colorful, although she warns that they are a bit fiddly and require some concentration.
- See a large photo of the hexagon motif
- Take a look at how several crocheted hexagons fit together
- Learn how to crochet a half-hexagon motif
The free pattern and tutorial are by Sandi Marshall.
If you're looking for more of a challenge than the easy hexagonal granny linked above, try this pattern for a puff diamond hexagon. These hexagonal motifs would make a lovely bedspread or afghan, but you could dream up many other ways to use them. This pattern design is by Sandi Marshall.
This crocheted hexagon starts out with a circle in the center, and then morphs into a lovely textured six-sided motif featuring Sandi Marshall's take on the classic boxed shell stitch. You'll find many different uses for this innovative yet timeless design -- it would make gorgeous bedspreads, throws and table linens.
Wondering what to do with a bunch of crocheted hexagons? There are many different ways you can use them, but here's one fantastic idea: join them together to create a unique, one-of-a-kind scarf.
Sandi Marshall designed this intriguing scarf pattern out of hexagons. You can get the free scarf pattern right here at crochet.about.com.
More Crocheted Hexagons and Hexagon Patterns
The following links take you to free crochet patterns and crochet tutorials posted at other web sites. These patterns and tutorials all include some sort of hexagon theme.
- Crochet Hexagon Throw at the Coats and Clark web site
- Galaxy Hexagons Afghan at the Craft Yarn Council web site
- Crocheted Shawl Made From Hexagon Motifs -- Tesoro shawl by Doris Chan; the free shawl pattern is posted at NaturallyCaron.com.
- Crocheted Throw Made From Hexagon Motifs -- Rockland throw by Doris Chan; the free throw pattern is posted at NaturallyCaron.com
- Hexagonal Throw -- Free throw pattern is by Marilyn Losee; it is posted at the Caron web site
- Colorful Hexagon How-To -- Free tutorial for crocheting hexagons by Lucy at Attic24
- African Flowers Crochet Hexagon Tutorial -- Colorful step-by-step photo tutorial posted by Heidi AKA Heidi Bears
- Starfish Hexagon -- A free crochet pattern posted at the Crochetville forum
- Three-Dimensional Hexagon Motif-- Posted by Cherie Durbin at the crochetit blog
- Hexagon Motif -- Posted at the Crochet'n'more web site