Our website is home to a delightful variety of needlework designs, free project ideas, free patterns and free instructions. We invite you to make good use of all the free resources and information we offer. Enjoy!
Crochet is a popular needlework technique which is worked using a crochet hook; some people also refer to this tool as a "crochet needle." Whatever you call it, it's a low-tech instrument for producing exquisite, versatile projects you can use in a wide variety of different ways.
Pictured here: I'm working on crocheting a cotton dishcloth. The free crochet pattern is available right here on our website, along with a step-by-step tutorial. We make many other free crochet patterns and crochet tutorials available for you.
Free Crochet Resources:
- Is crochet the right craft for you? This brief checklist of considerations can help you decide.
- Learn how to crochet
- Find free instructions for crochet stitches
- Find free crochet patterns in our A - Z alphabetical index
- Understand the differences between knitting and crochet
- Visit the crochet home page to check out the latest additions to our website, plus other crochet news.
- Sign up for our free crochet newsletter.
With just a couple of knitting needles and a ball of yarn, you can make magic!
Knitted projects can enhance your home, your wardrobe and your life. Popular knitting projects include sweaters, scarves, hats, and socks. Projects range from simple to complex; with this hobby, there's a lot of room to grow creatively.
The following resources will help you explore the world of knitting:
We have two fantastic sites that cover the topic of sewing. If you're interested in sewing anything and everything, you'll definitely want to visit the sewing site. If you want to sew your own clothes, be sure to check out the DIY fashion site too. Here are some highlights from these amazing sites:
Cross stitch is a fun and relaxing craft that anyone with a bit of patience can succeed at.
- Learn how to do cross stitch
- Browse through thousands of free cross stitch patterns
- Learn how to work cross stitch on a crocheted background
- Check out the latest cross stitch news
- Sign up for a free cross stitch newsletter
If you're interested in exploring interesting options for color and pattern through needlework, needlepoint is a fabulous option. Well-executed needlepoint projects can lend an air of timeless elegance to a room; they're sure to impress everyone who encounters them.
You can use embroidery to enhance any type of fiber art project: linens, clothing, accessories, quilts, and anything else you can think of. It's fun to incorporate embroidery into other types of needlework projects; for example, you can work French knots onto crocheted granny squares. If you'd like to learn more about embroidery, check out any of the following pages:
Free Embroidery Patterns:
- Embroidery projects for beginners at the About Embroidery website
- Free embroidery designs at the About DIY fashion website
Learn Embroidery Stitches:
- Surface embroidery stitches
- Blanket stitch
- Lazy daisy
- Embroidery chain stitch
- French knots
- Feather stitch
Types of Embroidery:
Anything at all can be made in miniature, including needlework. The following links will help you to explore miniature needlework:
Quilting is a fantastic way to enhance both your home decor and your wardrobe. The following resources will help you learn more about quilting: