Crochet is the perfect technique for making lacy scarves; using easy crochet stitches, you can create stunning lace designs. Explore a variety of lovely lacy scarf patterns, -- all of which are free crochet patterns -- listed below.
This infinity scarf looks delightfully lacy and feminine, but it isn't even the least bit complicated to crochet.
This lacy scarf is worked in size 3 crochet thread. The lace pattern is formed by easy v stitches which look intricate, but don't let the look fool you; the crochet work itself isn't challenging at all. You'll be amazed at how easily the scarf comes together.
This easy, beginner-friendly openwork scarf is airy but not too froo-froo. It can be worn long or short; the picture at left shows how it looks when looped around the neck. You can click here to see more pictures of this scarf.
Grid Lace Scarf Patterns
I love this design so much that I crocheted several different versions of it:
- Grid Lace Scarf #1: This version is the lightest and laciest; it's also my favorite of the 3. The stitches lean a little to one side, which does not bother me, but I encourage you to look closely at the photos before making this project in case this would not be to your liking.
- Grid Lace Scarf #2: In this version of the pattern, the leaning has been corrected. The lace pattern is a little denser, and the scarf is a little heavier. A bonus for those of you who need your scarves to be warm: this one should hold in a little more heat than the first version.
- Grid Lace Scarf #3: This is a two-color version that's interesting to crochet thanks to all the color changes.
This lovely, lacy scarf is crocheted using textured organic cotton yarn. It's a versatile design that'll work well with a variety of different looks; I wear mine constantly, especially in the spring and fall. It's a long scarf that can be worn long or short, as pictured.
This is an easy crochet pattern.
This scarf is a great way to try out the lacy treble shell stitch.
Here's a lacy scarf that's feminine and drapey, but isn't too froo-froo.
This lace cowl is a stylish design that serves the same sort of function as a scarf. It's a quick one-skein project. The free crochet pattern is by Erica Jackofsky.
More Crochet Lace
More From This Author
Don't miss out on seeing more free scarf patterns and accessory patterns by Amy Solovay.
- Pictured here: a beginner-friendly crochet scarf with matching accessories. The crochet patterns in this set are all available for free.
- Meet Amy Solovay, Author and Crochet Pattern Designer for Crochet.About.com.
- Find Crochet Patterns by Amy Solovay