Crochet is the perfect technique for making lacy scarves; using easy crochet stitches, you can create stunning lace designs. Explore a variety of lovely lacy scarf patterns, -- all of which are free crochet patterns -- listed below.
This lacy scarf is worked in size 3 crochet thread. The lace pattern is formed by easy v stitches which look intricate, but don't let the look fool you; the crochet work itself isn't challenging at all. You'll be amazed at how easily the scarf comes together.
This easy, beginner-friendly openwork scarf is airy but not too froo-froo. It can be worn long or short; the picture at left shows how it looks when looped around the neck. You can click here to see more pictures of this scarf.
Grid Lace Scarf Patterns
I love this design so much that I crocheted several different versions of it:
- Grid Lace Scarf #1: This version is the lightest and laciest; it's also my favorite of the 3. The stitches lean a little to one side, which does not bother me, but I encourage you to look closely at the photos before making this project in case this would not be to your liking.
- Grid Lace Scarf #2: In this version of the pattern, the leaning has been corrected. The lace pattern is a little denser, and the scarf is a little heavier. A bonus for those of you who need your scarves to be warm: this one should hold in a little more heat than the first version.
- Grid Lace Scarf #3: This is a two-color version that's interesting to crochet thanks to all the color changes.
This lovely, lacy scarf is crocheted using textured organic cotton yarn. It's a versatile design that'll work well with a variety of different looks; I wear mine constantly, especially in the spring and fall. It's a long scarf that can be worn long or short, as pictured.
This is an easy crochet pattern.
This scarf is a great way to try out the lacy treble shell stitch.
Here's a lacy scarf that's feminine and drapey, but isn't too froo-froo.
This lace cowl is a stylish design that serves the same sort of function as a scarf. It's a quick one-skein project. The free crochet pattern is by Erica Jackofsky.
More From This Author
Don't miss out on seeing more free scarf patterns and accessory patterns by Amy Solovay!
- Pictured here: a beginner-friendly crochet scarf with matching accessories. The crochet patterns in this set are all available for free.
- Meet Amy Solovay, Author and Crochet Pattern Designer for Crochet.About.com.
- Find Crochet Patterns by Amy Solovay