Sock knitting has been a hot trend lately, but knitters aren't the only ones making socks. Join in the fun! This list of free crochet sock patterns features crocheted sock styles for the whole family.
The free sock pattern blog features patterns for both knitting and crocheting socks. These are the free crochet sock patterns:
Mrsdcrochets.com features several different free crochet sock patterns:
Be advised that some of the items linked here are blog posts which sometimes wander off of the topic of crochet, and onto other topics of a more personal nature.
Nicole has also posted a bunch more free sock patterns which are linked below.
- Spring garden socks
- Cabled socks -- available as a free download through Ravelry.com, but you have to be a member of their web site to be able to access the free pattern
- February's sock
- March's sock -- Cape Breton cables
- April's socks -- bleached herringbone
- May's Sock -- Bistro
- June's socks
- July's Sock -- Foo-Foo
- July's socks
- Foo foo dans la rue socks -- These are lacy crocheted socks
- Bulky winter socks
This blog post is not a free sock pattern, but it's helpful for anyone who is wondering whether crocheted socks are comfortable or not.
In this blog post, Nicole explains how to make pedicure socks.
More of Nicole's Free Sock Patterns at Ravelry:
Nicole has made some of her sock patterns available as free downloads at Ravelry.com. In order to access the patterns, you need to be a logged in member of their website.
Kemberlee's sock pattern includes many work-in-progress photos, so you'll be able to visualize exactly how she worked her sample socks.
You'll work his pattern starting with the ribbed cuff. From there, you work in rounds, skipping the heel. This type of design is sometimes referred to as an "afterthought heel," because you go back later and work the heel at the end.
Free Sock Patterns at Crochetme.com
- Hairpin Lace Socks -- These socks are crocheted using two-ply wool yarn in autumn-inspired colors. They're an innovative design -- quite different from all the other crocheted sock patterns I've seen.
- In Your Shoes Ankle Socks
- Larissa B's Crocheted Slipper Socks -- The author has rated this pattern as "easy," and it is crocheted using worsted weight yarn such as Red Heart Super Saver.
- Ultimate Crocheted Socks
Free Lion Brand Sock Patterns
- Child's Spike Stitch Socks -- These charming child-sized socks are crocheted using four different colors of Lion Brand Wool Ease yarn.
- Crocheted Cottage Slipper Socks -- There are two versions of this pattern; a knit version and a crocheted version.
- Joan's Crocheted Socks
- Scrunchy, Slouchy Slipper Socks
Drops Free Sock Patterns
Basic Crocheted Socks
Basic Crochet Sock Revisited -- at Stitchwhisper Blog -- This is the author's second attempt at a basic sock pattern. There used to be an earlier version of this pattern, which was also available online, but it has since disappeared. In this updated version, the heel has been reworked to make it easier. This pattern is adaptable; it can be made in fingering, sport or worsted weight yarns -- whichever you prefer. The author also gives variations for knee-high socks if you prefer those to the shorter kind.
Free PDF Sock Patterns by Kim Lewis
- Cassie-O-Peah Socks -- These socks are crocheted using the v stitch plus a toe-up design with an afterthought heel. The pattern design is by Kimberly Lewis, and is available from Ravelry.com to registered members.
- Chris Cross Ankle Socks
- Vee Socks -- These socks are crocheted using the V-stitch and shell stitches. This is a toe-up sock design created with an afterthought heel. The pattern design is by Kimberly Lewis.