This is the ultimate collection of free patterns for thread crochet. Find thread crochet patterns for bedspreads, doilies, bookmarks, scarves, edgings and more.
Pictured at left is a bedspread made using this free pattern for a criss-cross granny square. The open spaces in the design make for an eye-catching pattern when the squares are joined together.
Our website features many more square and motif patterns that would be suitable for use in making thread crochet bedspreads:
- Summer Bedspread Granny Square Pattern: Any granny square can be made out of crochet thread, but our summer bedspread granny square was designed specifically for crocheting with thread; of course, you could make it out of yarn as well if you prefer to do that.
- Granny Square Patterns: Feel free to crochet any of our grannies using thread.
- More free crochet bedspread patterns
This cotton scarf is crocheted in size 3 cotton crochet thread; while it looks intricate and detailed, it's actually an easy pattern to crochet, dispelling the myth that thread crochet is always difficult to do.
See Also: free crochet scarf patterns.
- Lace Doily With Ruffled Edging - (Pictured) Sandi Marshall designed this pretty doily to be worked in size 10 crochet thread. It's a lovely "little something" you can use to beautify any room in your home.
- Vintage Thread Crochet Spider Doily - Here's a round doily that resembles a lacy spider web, hence the name. This is a vintage design that originally appeared in an American Thread Company book called Crochet Treasures.
- Oval Filet Crochet Doily - There are several different versions of this pretty doily, and all of them look like interesting crochet projects. The doily is finished off with an eye-catching cluster stitch edging. Both the pattern and the edging tutorial are by Sandi Marshall.
- Check out more free doily patterns.
Thread Crochet Edging and Trim Patterns
- Filet Crochet Heart Trim - Made with love! This pretty trim features a repeating pattern of hearts that alternate. I love the filet crochet version (see a picture here); I also thought of another way to use the same chart. I designed a similar trim pattern where the heart design is cross stitched onto the trim. (pictured at left.) I think both variations turned out really pretty.
- Thread Crochet Fringe Edging - Here's an intricate vintage pattern for an edging with long, drapey fringe. I think this edging would be a magnificent way to finish off bedspreads or curtains.
- Easy Edging With Ribbon - You'll use double crochet and treble crochet stitches to crochet this pretty edging. Ribbon adds an extra bit of eye-appeal to the design, although you can choose to omit the ribbon if you prefer.
- Little Clovers Thread Crochet Edging - This charming vintage edging features little shamrock designs.
- Find more free patterns for crocheted edgings.
Thread Crochet Jewelry Patterns and Tutorials
- Beaded Crochet Necklace With Dichroic Glass Pendant - I've crocheted my sample necklaces using metallic embroidery floss, which is hefty enough to support both the seed beads and the small dichroic glass pendant which are an integral part of the necklace design. The embroidery floss takes a bit of skill and patience to work with, but the results are worth the effort! Check out a step by step beaded necklace tutorial here.
- Layered Flower Necklace in Thread Crochet - This pretty necklace features two parts: the layered necklace band, and the matching flower. You can crochet, and use, either part separately. I've played around with a few different variations of this design; in one version, I used just the necklace band and embellished it with a button to create a Christmas button necklace. I've tried quite a few different colorways for this design too.
- Beaded Bracelets - These beaded bracelets are all crocheted with metallic embroidery floss. There are several different versions of the design, including a red and blue bracelet with round beads, a blue and purple bracelet with cathedral beads, and a raspberry bracelet with cathedral beads. You can create your own new versions and colorways pretty easily by adapting the basic bracelet pattern.
Free Patterns for Thread Crochet Purses
- Vintage Beaded Chatelaine Bag - Bags like this cost a small fortune at antique stores, but you could make your own bag if you have the time and patience. This bag is created using crochet thread and beads; there's a chart for the beadwork design.
- Vintage Finger Purse Pattern - Here's a free vintage pattern for a pretty little coin purse.
- Find more free crochet patterns for purses, bags and handbags.
Thread Crochet Motifs and Appliques
- Crocheted Snowflake Applique: (pictured) I've crocheted this snowflake applique a couple different times, once with crochet thread and once with yarn. Both are nice, but I think the thread crochet version is far more useful and versatile. I used my finished motif to make a snowflake potholder. I'm thinking of making a few more for sewing onto scarves, hats, sweaters and bags.
- Beaded Crochet Snowflake - Using this pattern, you'll combine crochet thread, embroidery floss, beads and wire to create a strong, flexible snowflake that can be used in many different ways.
- Small Cluster Flower Thread Crochet Motif - You can make this pretty little flower using the materials of your choice, but Sandi Marshall used size 10 crochet thread for making her sample flower. This is a good pattern for using up odds and ends of thread.
- See more free patterns for crochet motifs and crochet appliques.
Miscellaneous Free Patterns for Crocheting With Thread
Beaded Crochet Cell Phone Holder: You'll use size 3 crochet thread and contrasting colored beads to crochet this pretty little cell phone pouch. The pouch is sized for Iphones but could hold any similarly sized gadget.
Thread Crochet Animal Charts for crochet -- Most of these are charted patterns that could be worked in thread if you wish.
Our website is home to a vast collection of free tutorials, charts and patterns for filet crochet. If you'd like to learn more about this delightful crochet technique, you're invited to visit the pages linked here:
- Free Filet Crochet Patterns
- Daisy Square Chart - This little charted daisy design works for filet crochet, cross stitch on crochet, traditional cross stitch or other needlework techniques.
- USA Chart - This little chart will come in handy for putting together patriotic projects with a USA theme.
- See more free charts for filet crochet, cross stitch on crochet, and other needlework techniques.
Thread Crochet Books
We're hoping you enjoyed the roundup of free patterns linked above. Want even more thread crochet patterns? If so, you might enjoy the following books:
- Crochet So Fine Book: The premise of this book: you can crochet gorgeous, wearable clothing if you use either crochet thread or fine yarns to do it. Be sure to check out my book review for more info about the projects included in the book.
- The Beaded Edge Book:Using beads, crochet thread, and the lovely patterns in this book, you'll learn how to crochet exquisite edgings to finish off scarves, clothing, accessories, linens, and other projects. This is one of my favorite crochet books.