What Types of Items Do You Crochet for Charity?
Crochet hats for chemo patients and veterans
Which Organization(s) Do You Donate Crocheted Items To?
Knots of Love
They need soft chemo caps either knitting or crocheted for patients
They need hats or our Veterans
I choose them because the woman in charge does a great job
of dibtributing these hats all around the country
Knots of Love, 2973 Harbor Blvd. #822, Costa Mesa, CA. 92626
- I cannot read crochet directions so I designed a hat that if fail proof..
- you can start at the bottom or top of this hat and it still come out with a very nice finished product that hopefully is very enjoyable to wear.
- I always ask myself with each hat..would I wear this hat? For the ladies
- I try to add a colorful required wool with perhaps a crochet flower or design that would.. if one was not feeling well be a fun hat to put on. +
- When you crochet for charity..must use the required yarn from their list..and leave extra budget $$ to mail these hats to the organization.
Have Your Experiences All Been Positive?
The Knots of Love website speaks volumes: from the wonderful thank you
from the patients and the cheering of the Master of this organization
is a win win for everyone who is receiving and giving.
Christina will even call during the week to say she received the
caps and where they are going
Are There Any Pitfalls to Be Aware of?
Use the required yarn as the patients need soft lovely hats.
Learn to use the coupons from the various stores that keeps the
cost of making these hats relatively low.
Which Yarn(s) Do You Use When Crocheting for Charity?
Caron Simpy Soft ..Lions Brand and other various yarn companies.
Where Do You Acquire the Yarns?
Michael's...JoAnns..sometimes Smilies in Ridgewood NY
Amy Solovay, Crochet Guide, says:
To Grannie Annie: Thank you for sharing your experiences! We really appreciate the info.
To Everyone: If you've worked with Knots of Love or another charity, please give us the scoop! We'd love to hear about your experiences too.