You've got crocheted squares. Stacks and stacks and stacks of them. What are you going to do with them? Need some ideas? Our readers to the rescue! We've collected tons of ideas for using crocheted squares in all kinds of different ways. You're sure to find an idea you can use.
Got an idea you'd like to share? Spill it! We wanna hear all about it. Thanks in advance to everyone who participates.
You can never have too many!
- Satisfy your inner designer and create one of a kind presents for yourself and those you love. A nice mess of squares can be used for anything from a tote bag to a bedspread! Pick a color to tie them together and go for it ! A scarf,a prayer shawl,a baby or lap afghan. A floor pillow, a puppy blanket,you decide. The only limit is your imagination-Good Fun and Good Luck!!
- I am going to make eight squares, sew them together to make pillow cases for a square pillow! I also want to make one of those shaped bags for hot drinks.
- —Guest Kamala
- My mom connected several squares into a rectangle, the sewed the long edges to the top of our snake's tank and left the short ends open. This made a marvelous "hammock"!! Our snake LOVES it!!!
- —Guest CrochetKoonce
Idea for granny squares
- I have made toilet paper toppers and tissue box covers from granny squares. Just because a toilet paper roll is round, it doesn't mean your topper has to be. Smaller squares on the top of the tissue box leaves an opening to pull the tissues out.
- —Guest Christie
- Squares can be joined to make sets of coasters or placemats. Add a beautiful edging then cover over with plastic or leave bare.
- —Guest althea
- Make purses or bags. If you have a couple squares the same size, you can always stitch them together on 3 sides to make a pouch. It's not hard to sew a simple lining out of what ever fabric you have around if your squares aren't solid. Make a quick strap, add a button, and you're done.!
- —Guest Cardea
A Few Ideas
- If you don't have enough squares to do a whole afghan, make a small lapghan. Or how about using them to make a dog blankie or dog bed. My kids use single squares as blankets for their dolls.
- —Guest Carolyn H. Robertson
Make Bookbags Out of Crocheted Squares
- I am teaching my kids how to crochet. Each square they crochet is set aside and will be used to make a bookbag. They are having fun with this and so am I!
- —Guest Cassandra
Ideas for Using Squares
- I usually use mine for throws, but I saw a real cute idea at my local yarn store. One of the girls made a wall hanging out of different squares, and it was so colorful and pretty.
- —Guest Sharon
Ideas for Using Crochet Squares
- I send all my crochet squares to be made into blankets for charity. Get involved in your community, or if you don't have a group to work with try knit-a-square.com.
- —Guest Mireille
Ideas for Filet Crochet Squares
- Filet crochet squares make nice tablecloths and table runners. Be sure to add a pretty edging.
- —Guest Dorothea